- 500g skinless, boneless cubed chicken breast fillets
- 4 carrots sliced
- 150g frozen garden peas
- 75g butter
- 1 onion diced
- 5 tablespoons plain flour
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 400ml chicken stock
- 150ml milk
- 1 packet shop-bought puff pastry
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 7.
- In a saucepan, combine carrots, peas. Add water to cover and boil for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside to cool.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt & pepper. Slowly stir in chicken stock and milk. Simmer over a low heat until thick then set aside.
- Prepare the chicken gently fry or boil in the stock.
- Add the chicken to the mixture & place into the pie dish. Leave this to cool then you are ready to cover the pie mixture with pastry (i used shop bought ready rolled puff pastry) seal the edges by pinching the edges & trim away any excess pastry. Make small slits in the top to allow steam to escape & brush over with milk or egg.
- You then bake in the preheated oven for approx 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Cool then serve with mash & veg.
Even my fussiest eater enjoyed the pie you can add more veg or meat & it fed a family of 6. This recipe is super easy to make,enjoy!