I was chosen to review Staedtler hybrid dual metallic gel pens. If you are looking for a pen that is going to add some sparkle to your art work or craft projects these are the pens for you. The pens come in 8 shimmering shades, the pens are dual hybrid which means each pen produces a different shade on dark & light coloured paper.
The pens are super sparkly & create a lovely effect on your art work. Gel pens are not my usual choice of pen as i find they smudge & don’t really add much to my art work but the fact that these pens are so versatile & create such an eye catching effect will mean that i will definitely use them again.
This Recipe is so quick to make from start to finish & feeds the whole family.
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 125 g soft goat’s cheese
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful basil leaves, torn
Preheat the oven to gas mark 7. Unroll the pastry sheet on to a large baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Crumble the cheese over the pastry, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Sprinkle half the over the cheese and tomatoes & season.
Cook the tart in the oven for 25min or until pastry is golden and risen. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and garnish with torn basil leaves. Serve warm with a green salad.
I am a 36 year old mum of four from Liverpool, i have 2 daughters & 2 sons age 1, 6, 9 & 18. This blog is a place for me to share my family memories, art work, recipes, craft ideas & lots more.
- 500g skinless, boneless cubed chicken breast fillets
- 4 carrots sliced
- 150g frozen garden peas
- 75g butter
- 1 onion diced
- 5 tablespoons plain flour
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 400ml chicken stock
- 150ml milk
- 1 packet shop-bought puff pastry
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 7.
- In a saucepan, combine carrots, peas. Add water to cover and boil for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside to cool.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt & pepper. Slowly stir in chicken stock and milk. Simmer over a low heat until thick then set aside.
- Prepare the chicken gently fry or boil in the stock.
- Add the chicken to the mixture & place into the pie dish. Leave this to cool then you are ready to cover the pie mixture with pastry (i used shop bought ready rolled puff pastry) seal the edges by pinching the edges & trim away any excess pastry. Make small slits in the top to allow steam to escape & brush over with milk or egg.
- You then bake in the preheated oven for approx 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Cool then serve with mash & veg.
Even my fussiest eater enjoyed the pie you can add more veg or meat & it fed a family of 6. This recipe is super easy to make,enjoy!
Treat Gift Box
This craft is really quick,simple & can be adapted to suit all occasions Mothers Day,Fathers day,Birthdays. For this craft you will need one small tub, coloured papers,double sided tape or glue, pencil, compass, scissors,shredded paper & some treats.
Take your tub & measure the width, cut a length long enough to wrap around the tub & another for the inside of the tub. Then you need to draw & cut two circles one to fit inside and another for the lid (it’s best to use a compass for this). Fix it all into place using the double sided tape or glue then add some decoration, we used a sweetheart print but any embelishments would look nice. Our paper is from trimcraft.co.uk
Once you have attached all the pieces together add your shredded paper & choose your treats,this is such a simple craft to do with the kids.enjoy!
Recycled tube craft: Easter Chick
Easter is fast approaching which means it’s time to make lots of Easter/Spring inspired craft with the kids. We created this little chick from a recycled tube & they make the perfect place to hide little treats for Easter.
For this craft you will need a pencil, ruler, scissors, double-sided tape, coloured paper, orange foam, googly eyes, shredded tissue, ribbon & some treats.
firstly secure one end of the tube with double-sided. Then measure a length of paper to fit around the tube, fix this into place with the double sided tape. Then cut a beak & feet shapes out of the orange foam, fix them into place onto the tube then add the googly eyes. Add the ribbon, shredded tissue paper & add the treats.
This little chick would make the perfect hiding place for treats during an Easter egg hunt or for children to make for their family & friends.